Today we have some great news for all you Lenovo Zuk Z1 users out there, as the CM14 custom ROM for your handset is already in the works, with the first build being released recently. Even though it contains a few bugs, it’s still usable, enabling you to get a taste of Google’s latest operating system, Android 7.0 Nougat, on your phone.
In order to install CM14 for Lenovo Zuk Z1, your handset needs to be rooted and have a TWRP recovery installed. If you meet these conditions, you’re all good to go!
Before proceeding to updating your phone, here are a few aspects you should consider:
- This ROM is just for the Lenovo Zuk Z1, so don’t try installing it on another phone.
- Be aware of the fact that it’s just an initial alpha build, so you will eventually deal with some bugs. However, it’s usable.
- The updating process will completely erase the data on your phone, so it’s advisable to perform a full backup, in order to avoid an unpleasant situation.
- Make sure that your Zuk Z1’s battery level is above 60%, so you can avoid an accidental shutdown. Our recommendation is to start with a fully charged battery.
- Follow all the steps above correctly, otherwise you risk bricking your phone.
Download Unofficial CM14 For Lenovo Zuk Z1
Install Unofficial CM14 On Lenovo Zuk Z1
Step 1: Download and install a custom recovery on the phone. If you already have them installed, you can skip this step and proceed to the next one.
Step 2: Download the unofficial CM14 for Lenovo Zuk Z1, using this link, and save it on your device.
Step 3: Download the Gapps package for the phone and save it on your device.
Step 4: Boot your Lenovo Zuk Z1 into recovery mode, by pressing and holding down Volume Down and the Power button.
Step 5: While in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup, so you can recover your data, in case something goes wrong.
Step 6: It’s time to perform a factory reset on your Lenovo Zuk Z1. Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data. Swipe in order to confirm this.
Step 7: Go to Install and search for the CM14 for Lenovo Zuk Z1 file. Swipe in order to begin the installation process, which shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Step 8: Repeat the step above and install the GApps package.
Step 9: Go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and this time select only Wipe cache & Dalvik cache. Swipe to confirm.
Step 10: Finally, reboot your Lenovo Zuk Z1 in order to complete the updating process. Done, that’s everything.
And this is pretty much it, you have successfully managed to install the unofficial CM14 for Lenovo Zuk Z1 custom ROM on your phone. Like always, the comments section is open for you, so if you have any questions related to this or face any issues during the installation process, feel free to drop us a few lines!